Now-a-days, your students face complex stressors and pressures in several aspects of their lives.
But with every student in a different place emotionally, it is difficult to provide an environment that both facilitates positive well-being and identifies any signs of emotional distress.
This is where Bloomsights steps in to help. Bloomsights is a formative assessment tool aimed at gauging student well-being and school climate as a way to comprehensively encourage student social and emotional development. Simplify your SEL data to get clarity around your students’ needs and determine what interventions are necessary. Get meaningful and ongoing insights to plan and implement strategies that support improved student and school outcomes.
Bloomsights monthly check-ins make it safe and easy to gauge your students’ well-being whether at school or at home.
Student responses are automatically analyzed to identify your students’ needs across multiple dimensions of healthy well-being and a positive school climate.
These continuous insights help you to determine what interventions are necessary and plan and implement strategies that support improved student and school outcomes.
No matter what form school takes, we all know the social emotional health of our students must come first. Sign up for an on-demand demo to learn how Bloomsights can provide you with the SEL data you need to get to the root of student issues.
In the meantime, you can start gauging your students’ well-being today with these 50 weekly check-in questions perfect for Google Forms. We will continue to add to the list over time so please feel free to come back for more inspiration!
- [Write-in] What, for you, was the most frustrating part of the week?
- [Write-in] What, for you, was the most enjoyable part of the week?
- [Write-in] What did you do during your free time this week?
- [Write-in] What sports or non-educational activities did you participate in this week?
- [Write-in] Reflect on your thinking, learning, and work this week. What are you most proud of?
- [Yes/No] Did you spend time helping a sibling with their school work this week?
- [Yes/No] Did you get enough sleep each night this week?
- [Yes/No] Did you have enough food to eat this week?
- [Yes/No] Did you spend some time exercising this week?
- [Yes/No] Did you have any stomach aches this week?
- [Yes/No] Did you have any headaches this week?
- [Yes/No] Did you feel lonely at any time during the week?
- [Yes/No] Did you feel anxious at any time during the week?
- [Multiple Choice] Not including school time, about how many hours did you spend on screens this week?
- [Write-in] Do you speak to someone at home about what is happening in the world today?
- [Write in] What was your best accomplishment this week?
- [Write-in] Did you have any bad days this week? What did you do to make yourself feel better?
- [Write-in] What words would you use to describe this week?
- [Write-in] What is one interest of yours that others might not know about?
- [Write-in] Did you have any issues finding a computer/tablet to use this week?
- [Write-in] Did you experience any problems with your laptop/tablet this week?
- [Write-in] Did you find all of the information easily?
- [Yes/No] Did all of the links work?
- [Yes/No] Did you experience any problems with submitting assignments this week?
- [Yes/No] Did you experience any problems with your Internet connection this week?
- [Yes/No] Did you have any audio or visual problems during our web conference calls this week?
- [Yes/No] Did you have any problems downloading materials this week?
- [Multiple Choice] How much time did you spend this week on schoolwork?
- [Too Easy/Too Hard] Think about this week’s assignments. Do you think the work was too easy or too hard?
- [Write-in] Did you access any additional or outside information to help you complete your assignments? If yes, what were they?
- [Yes/No] Did I provide enough support this week to help you complete your assignments?
- [Write-in] How could I have helped more this week?
- [Yes/No] Did you reach out to any classmates for help this week?
- [Yes/No] Did you find our online discussions this week interesting?
- [Write-in] What was your favorite assignment this week? What did you like about it?
- [Write-in] What assignment did you like the least this week? What did you not like about it?
- [Write-in] Did you have enough time to complete your assignments this week? If you did not have enough time, what would have helped you to get more time?
- [Yes/No] Did you use a planner, organizer, or calendar to help you organize and schedule your work?
- [Write-in] What time do you usually wake up to start school?
- [Write-in] What were some things that distracted you from doing your work this week? How did you get back on task?
- [Write-in] What is your favorite color?
- [Write-in] Who was the 23rd president of the United States? (Benjamin Harrison. Don’t feel bad, I had to look it up too 🙂
- [Kittens/Puppies] Which do you like more kittens or puppies?
- [Write-in] What was your favorite toy growing up
- [Write-in] If you could travel in time, when would you go?
- [Write-in] What is the most beautiful place you have ever been?
- [Cake/Pie] Which do you like more cake or pie?
- [Write-in] Which fictional character do you wish you could meet?
- [Write-in] What are your three favorite movies?
- [Write-in] What are your three favorite books?
- [Write-in] If you could have dinner with anyone from history, who would it be?
- [Write-in] What superpower would you want and why?
4 thoughts on “50 Weekly Student Check-In Questions”
Thank you so much for creating this, I have been running out of questions to connect with my students and this made my life a lot easier!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Kristian, I’m happy to hear you found this useful. At Bloomsights we are creating an automated way for you to check in with your distance learners and get response analysis in real time. I’m not sure if this is a good fit for you but if you are interested in learning more we should find some time to chat.
These are so helpful! Thank you!!
You’re welcome Audra!